Morsbags Calne Pod
Factoids at a glance:
- Over 500 billion plastic bags are used worldwide each year (so that’s about 70 plastic bags per person – if everyone had a trusty 10 or so morsbags to keep and use, problem solved!)
- Retailers and governments are struggling to make the difference that is needed through taxes and bans – we – the consumers – need to take this into our own hands.
- “The impact of this plastic waste can be seen littering our landscape, threatening our wildlife and accumulating as ‘plastic soup’ in the Pacific Ocean, which may cover more than 15,000,000 sq. km,” Janez Potocnik – European Commissioner for the environment.
- According to MSN, the production of plastic bags creates enough solid waste per year to fill the Empire State Building two and a half times.
- In some parts of the ocean there are six pounds of plastic for every pound of plankton.
These are unreferenced facts and there are plenty more out there on the interweb. However, it is generally acknowledged and accepted that plastic bags are harmful in one way or another, so we think time would be better spent making a morsbag than googling! Hope you agree…
We created morsbags because we lived on a canal and we despaired at the plastic bags floating by like so many urban jellyfish.
The staggering amount of plastic bags freely handed out in shops is boggling and consequently shoppers habitually forget that plastic bags are not the only option.
We would love it if people could think to bring reusable bags.
See how you can get involved with morsbags.
Come and join us in the Calne Springs Showroom at Tesco.